Sunday, April 26, 2009

Something the April Pouchers *didn't* get to taste...


I generally tend to only show recipes with stuff that people can get from their local supermarkets. This is a bit of a science experiment.
It's made with Carbalose flour, a low-carb, high-fiber flour that you can use just like white flour. The brand I used is called Carbquik (like a low-carb "Bisquik.")
This lovely little pancake is "regular people sized" and is about 21 calories, 1 net gram of carbs. And it was delicious. On top is some Blue Bonnet Light (40 calories for 1 tbsp, I used 1/2 tbsp) and some Smucker's sugar free breakfast syrup (40 calories for 1/4 c. I used about 2 tbsp which would 1/8 c.). This...a coupla slices of turkey bacon...one could fool oneself into thinking they had a "normal" stomach. Almost.
Want to taste this and other num, num, nummy breakfast stuff? Consider hosting a breakfast or brunch Pouch Party! Hit me up if you are interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment